DOUBLE CHIN REMOVAL TREATMENT
Most of us aim to look streamlined, young and healthy in the mirror. One of the most noticeable facial features is the neck, and oftentimes having a double chin makes us feel more conscious about our overall appearance. Double chin is caused by a layer of fat under the chin (also called submental fullness).
Contrary to popular belief double chin is not just caused by an increase in weight, there are several other contributing factors as a result of which seemingly fit people with healthy body weights also face this issue. Fortunately, at the Cosmetic Clinic, we have a Double Chin Reduction procedure. Get rid of double chin with advanced Double Chin Removal Treatment in Navi Mumbai.
This is a cosmetic surgery procedure that can help you get rid of your double chin and make your neck look slimmer and younger.
A double chin can be caused by a variety of factors including:
- Age: As we grow older, our skin loses its elasticity, this causes the skin to sag and contribute to the formation of a double chin.
- Diet and Weight: Weight gain is one of the major causes of a double chin. Consuming a diet high in calories, unhealthy fats and processed foods can cause an increase in weight and hence cause a double chin.
- Genetics: Certain individuals have a family history of loose or sagging skin due to reduced skin elasticity. Thus, the genetics of a person can also cause a double chin.
- Posture: Poor posture can lead to the weakening of the muscles in the chin and the neck. When the neck muscles are not used correctly, the skin can lose its elasticity and sag causing a double chin.
There are several non-invasive methods to remove a double chin. These include exercises and/or medications. These methods may be effective, but take a very long time to show results. Cosmetic surgery is one of the most rapid and safe methods to get rid of a double chin. Since cosmetic surgery is an invasive process, it is highly recommended to consult an experienced dermatologist for the same.
At the Cosmetic Double Chin Removal Clinic in Navi Mumbai, get the safe and effective treatment with best cost of non-surgical double chin removal treatment in Navi Mumbai. Our team takes pride in our experienced and qualified dermatologists who ensure the safety and success of every cosmetic procedure. Our facility is well equipped with the best in its class machinery to deliver desirable results.
Along with our doctors, our support staff undergoes ongoing and thorough training to uphold stringent standards of quality and hygiene. These quality standards have made us the preferred choice of several patients seeking effective and safe cosmetic surgery procedures.
What are the procedures used in Double Chin Removal?
Depending upon the nature and cause of your double chin, cosmetic surgeons determine a suitable method from one of these procedures:
- Liposuction: This method is a surgical technique that removes fat from underneath your face using suction and sculpts the chin and the neck area. This method only requires the application of a local anaesthetic followed by insertion of tube underneath the skin and sucking out of the facial fat. This method involves heating by laser and melting the excessive fat from the face. It is important to note that this method only works on melting the fat and does not work on sagging skin.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is another non-invasive method that can help dissolve the fat instead of melting the fat. This method involves injecting small amounts of a fat-dissolving substance into the tissue. An acid termed as deoxycholic acid is used in the procedure. One might need around 20 injections over a period of 6 sessions for this treatment to see significant results. Each session should be placed at a 30-day interval during this treatment.
What to expect from a double chin removal process?
Before beginning any cosmetic procedure, it is essential to speak to our dermatologists and discuss the treatment in detail. The dermatologist will ask you questions about your medical history, previous skin conditions, medications and understand the cause and origin of your double chin to determine the most suitable method for the treatment.
During a liposuction procedure, our doctor will examine your neck and chin and mark out the areas for the insertion of cannulas (tubes). We will then use an antiseptic solution to clean your skin and prevent chances of an infection, followed by a local anaesthetic to numb the area and make the process bearable and less painful. Then we will make tiny incisions just enough to insert the tube and introduce the tubes into the skin. Then the doctors use fanning motion to carefully remove the excess fat to ensure the skin is smooth and even. Finally, the area is bandaged to promote healing.
In case of a neck lift surgery, the procedure follows a different route. Our dermatologist marks the chin and neck area with arrows indicating the direction of approach. This step is to be followed by the administration on a general anaesthetic and cleaning the area with an antiseptic solution.
After cleaning the skin, our dermatologist will make the required incisions and remove excess fat and skin from the area. Finally, the doctor uses sutures (stitches) or a special adhesive to close the skin incisions. After either of these procedures, you might experience redness or bruising as the tissues recover.
These effects subside in the span of 10-14 days in case of liposuction and 24-48 hours in case of a neck-lift surgery. As a post-care measure, it is important to use dermatologically recommended skincare products that do not irritate your skin. Also, it is important to avoid sun exposure and use a broad-spectrum sunblock to protect your skin. Now book online for the Double Chin Reduction Treatment in Navi Mumbai.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is surgical double chin removal permanent?
As long as you maintain your weight and follow a healthy lifestyle, the effects of a surgical double chin removal are permanent.
Are there any risks or side effects from the procedure?
There are a couple of risks associated with a surgical double chin removal procedure, however, if your dermatologist is experienced, the procedure is safe and effective. The side effects of this procedure are redness, skin irritation and bruising, these effects are temporary and will fade away once your skin completely heals.
Is a Double Chin Removal procedure safe?
Yes, the surgery is safe if conducted by a certified cosmetic surgeon in controlled and hygienic conditions.