One of the most important
aspects of an individual's personality is their smile. Many people associate
perfectly set, pearly whites with the overall health and beauty of a person.
However, not many of us are blessed with even teeth.
We know that perfect straight teeth are visually appealing, but did you know that an even dental structure can be medically preferred as well? Fret not if you don't have perfectly set teeth. With present-day advancements in dentistry, Orthodontic Treatments can help you achieve the smile you've always wanted.
The Cosmetic Clinic team of dentists is highly experienced in the orthodontic treatment procedure and will help you get the desirable results. Get the best orthodontic treatment services in Navi Mumbai.
What is an Orthodontic Treatment?
Orthodontic treatment is a way of straightening or moving teeth, to improve the appearance of the teeth and how they work. It helps to look after the long-term health of your teeth, gums and jaw joints, by spreading the biting pressure over all your teeth. Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that is involved with the diagnosis and rectification of teeth and jaws to be positioned properly. When the jaws don't fit properly, there are several spaces where the food might get stuck and bacteria can accumulate.
In such a situation, teeth are harder to clean and are at risk of periodontal disease and tooth decay which can lead to early tooth loss. In some cases, the discomfort in the chewing pattern which might cause a strain on the jaw, neck and shoulder muscles.
Orthodontic treatments can help you achieve a better dental structure and overall oral health over the course of your life. The Cosmetic Clinic is one of the best dental clinic near Palm Beach Road in Seawoods, Navi Mumbai who provide the best Orthodontic Treatment Services in Mumbai.
How do you know if you need an Orthodontic Treatment?
Examining your teeth is the first step in understanding whether if you need orthodontic treatment. Start by looking for crowded or crooked teeth, these teeth are called malocclusions.
These include teeth are either shifted sideways, overlap onto the other teeth or protrude farther the surrounding teeth. A good way to tell if you have these is to floss your teeth. If there is resistance to the flossing action, chances are that you need orthodontic treatment.
You might need orthodontic treatment if you see the following conditions:
1. Overbite: This happens when your upper teeth bite over the lower teeth. If you can see less than half of your lower teeth on closing your jaw, you might have an overbite or a buck teeth.
2. Underbite: This situation occurs when the lower teeth are way too forward or the upper teeth are backward. If you can see less than half of your upper teeth, the condition is called an overbite.
3. Open Bite: An open bite is a condition that occurs when there a space between the front teeth of your upper and lower jaw and the surfaces of these teeth bite together in the back.
4. Crossbite: This happens when the upper teeth do not come slightly over the lower teeth when biting together.
5. Spacing: This condition occurs when there is excessive space between the teeth
6. Crowding: Crowding occurs when the dental ridge has too many teeth to accommodate
Once you identify your dental condition, it is wise to visit a qualified dentist and understand which type of orthodontic treatment is suitable for you. At the Cosmetic Clinic, our team of dentists and dental assistants are well-qualified and experienced with Orthodontic Treatment Procedure.
Our team understands your concerns and help you in achieving the perfect smile you've always wished for. Our dentists conduct a thorough, detailed assessment of your oral structure and suggest suitable treatments for your teeth. Our up-to-date equipment and stringent standards of quality will ensure that you are happy, and your smile is happier.
Our team believes in the highest quality of hygiene and safety which is why your treatment is guaranteed to be a safe one.
How do Orthodontic Treatment Procedures Work?
Dr. Shuddhodhan Gaikwad Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics of The Cosmetic dental clinic is one of the best orthodontist in Navi Mumbai.
Before the treatment, our dentist will study your dental structure by visual examination and by imaging techniques like X-ray and/or C T scan. We will ask you questions about your medical history and overall health. After an in-depth assessment, the dentist will determine a suitable treatment method for you.
Discuss your expectations, risks and braces treatment costs with our dentist. The dental braces cost in Navi Mumbai will vary based on different aspects. The dentist will also help you take the correct steps before, during and after the braces treatment to make the process smooth for you.
There are many Orthodontic treatments methods that can be used. The devices used can be fixed or movable and help in the movement of the teeth by restraining the jaw muscles and by applying gentle pressure on the teeth and gums over a period of time.
This gradually changes the direction and placement of the teeth. Eventually, the continuous pressure straightens the teeth and aligns them correctly.
Orthodontic treatment methods include:
1. Braces: Braces are a set of wires that enables the teeth to move slowly in order to straighten them.
2. Clear Aligners: Aligners are commonly known clear braces and are pieces of custom moulded plastic that sit over the teeth and help in straightening them by moving them slowly. Patients require to wear retainers for 20-22 hours a day but can remove them while eating, drinking or cleaning.
3. Elastics: Elastics are rubber bands that are stretched between the upper and lower jaw to straighten the teeth.
4. Plates: An Orthodontic Plate is a hard plastic device that fits around the top teeth and/or bottom teeth. It uses wires and springs to push the teeth into their place.
How can you take care of your teeth during orthodontic treatment?
Consult our dentist and understand the steps you might need to take specific to your treatment method. For instance, if you have braces, the chances of food get stuck and bacterial infection is high. It becomes important to brush and floss regularly to keep the brackets and wires free of plaque and food particles.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will I have to wear braces?
In most cases, braces need to be worn from 18 months to 24 months. However, the duration varies from case to case.
Will the treatment be painful?
No, our dentist might take an hour to put the bands of braces onto your molars, which might feel like pinching sensation. Some individuals might experience pain or discomfort when the dentist is tightening the braces or fits them in.
In such a case, you can talk to the dentist and learn how to reduce this short term pain.